Infection control is and always has been a fundamental principle of our imaging centres. Be assured of our continued commitment to your health and wellbeing.
In addition to our commitment to continued highest possible standards of hygiene and patient safety, as per our letter of 16 March 2020, we want to update you on further steps that we have taken to keep our patient and staff safe.
– All walk-in services have been discontinued.
– All bookings made prior to the lockdown are cancelled until further notice. All patients for whom these appointments are cancelled have been informed or, when the appointment is further in future, will be informed as more clarity on the length of the lockdown is given to us by the UK governement and health authorities.
– The appropriate stock of new PPE for staff has been ordered so that we maintain a safe environment for our staff. The amount and type of PPE is in line with the current guidelines of the relevant regulatory bodies. We review these guidelines daily.
– Cavendish Imaging Harley Street is the only centre that will stay open – on an appointment-basis only, and for urgent appointments only -. This may change though according to the regulatory and health advice that we receive. For clarity, referrals signed prior to the lockdown are not accepted as “urgent” unless there is a clinical change in the patient’s conditions validated by a clinician.
– Strict triage is in place.
– Image transfer services to and from the NHS will carry on as necessary via our referrers’ online portal and/or our NHS Image Exchange Protocol. This is our commitment to assist with urgent clinical queries and needs.
We continue to monitor the situation daily as it evolves and will update our approach accordingly.
The health of our staff and patients is our priority. If your examination is not urgent, we will not see you during the lockdown so please stay at home. But if you have an urgent problem, please don’t delay consulting a clinician or contact the NHS. We too will support you in your care wherever we can.
Veronique Sauret-Jackson Daria Cupurdija
Registered Manager Infection Control Lead